A behind the scenes look at the Making of R.E.M.'s album Monster.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year from The Reverse Engineers

Well, another year has arrived. 2004 was quite something. I think I will remember it as the year of the natural disaster. My band mates (brothers) and I are Florida residents, so we have had to deal with some nasty weather this year (4 hurricanes), but nothing could compare to the fury that occured last week in Asia. What a horrible mess. If you would like to help, here is a link.

For all the bad that occured this year, there was also some good. The Red Sox won the world series (no offense Yankee fans). The olympics were fun to watch.

For The Reverse Engineers, this was a year of hard work, and great rewards. Our new CD Max Q has been a source of personal satisfaction for me. I really like the record. As a bass player, I feel like I accomplished something, and from a song writing point of view, I feel really good about it. If you have a chance, stop by our site and read "The Making of Max Q". This is an account of the making of the CD from my brother Bill's perspective (Vocals/Guitar). It is a great read, and really shows the blood sweat and tears that he went through to make this thing happen.

You know, this blog has been a lot of fun so far. Some people have commented that they like the REM content and want more. I am working on the next installment, which I hope to have time to post in the next day or 2, so check back. It would be cool if REM were able to read it... I wonder what they would think. They probably have never heard a similar account of one of their recording sessions... unless one of their other beverage gophers has a blog from a different record. Always a possiblility I guess. This next blog deals with what happens when the producers arrive on a big project. The arrival of more high powered people brought with it some challenging beverage requests.

That's all for now. Check back soon for the next installment of "Making a Monster" called "No More Playing Around...The Producers Arrive"

Oh, and when you get a chance, stop by and listen to some sound clips for our new CD, Max Q at http://www.theReverseEngineers.com. If you want to hear what we sound like, here is a clip: Sunshine with the Shade wma | mp3.


Also, if you like games, here is a late xmas gift.

Charles Cote
Bassist -- The Reverse Engineers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home